A rich and creamy carrot soup, great for autumn and winter lunches. Serve with a chunk of fresh bread. Yum.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 100ml canned coconut milk
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons red lentils – rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pan, then add the carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, lentils and stock and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes, or until the lentils and carrots have softened. You may need to add up to 200ml more water, depending on the size of your carrots.
- Once cooked through, remove from heat and blend with a stick blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, cinnamon and cayenne pepper and the customary sprig of herbs!